Crawfish Boil Returns for an 9th year!!!!
We will need $30 upfront by Friday 5/1/15 (or preferably sooner) from everyone who plans to eat crawfish (paid either through the paypal button above, or by cash given directly to one of the hosts). This is going to be an expensive party, & there is really no way we can do it without the money upfront. Should buy you more than enough to eat. We’ll need at least 20 people to make this work (but no more than around 75 or so).
NOTE: If you’re submitting payment via Paypal, there is actually an additional $1.05 Paypal fee. ALSO!! If you are paying for multiple people, you may submit payment to this address: email@example.com
IMPORTANT ITEM #1:
Crawfish Boil will take place at the same location as it did last year.
Behind a warehouse space a block from Mt. Vernon. The address of the warehouse is:
439 East Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
IMPORTANT ITEM #2:
If you would like to invite extra people, please get in touch ASAP. This has sold out every year, and space is always limited. Invite will be open to previous attendees & guests of the building first, and then we’ll open it up to others if there’s still space in a couple weeks from today (4/2/15). This means you should really get your money in NOW if you plan on attending! Also, please pass the word around to people who might not see this or do not use Facebook.
If for some reason this doesn’t work out, I’ll return everyone’s money.
Also, this will happen RAIN or SHINE (we will have tents).
If you know nothing of crawfish boils, here’s the wikipedia description:
A boil is done in a large pot (60 to 80 quarts) fitted with a strainer and heated by propane. Seasonings include crab boil packets, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, salt, lemons, and bay leaf. Corn, potatoes, onions, and heads of garlic are usually included.
First boil will start at around 2pm. Boils will get progressively hotter / spicier, so if you want to eat less spicy batches come early. If you can’t make it until later, I’ll save a batch for paid latecomers (just let me know how late you’ll be). Non crawfish eaters are welcome to bring something to grill. There will also be jambalaya. Any extra food you’d like to bring would be quite welcome.
If you need a ride, or if you plan on coming from NY or DC or elsewhere, we can probably help you will travel / accommodation suggestions. Warehouse is also located only 4 blocks from Penn Station, so that’s also an option.
Things to bring:
• DRINKS!!! If there’s any extra money I’ll spend it on soda & alcohol, but most of the budget goes to the crawfish, so please bring your own drinks
• CHAIRS! The more the better.
• Extra food if you like. There will be a ton of food, but if you want to bring something else, or bring something vegetarian, or something for yourself to grill, that would be cool
• Clothes you don’t mind getting wet in if it rains
• Dogs & babies. This place should be OK for both.
• Additional guests are also welcome, but please keep in mind that once the crawfish portion of this sells out, it’s sold out. I can’t add anyone else to the crawfish eater list the day of. Crawfish eaters will receive a bracelet & a commemorative 1″ button when they arrive so we can tell who has paid. Non crawfish eaters are still welcome to come hang out though.
I’ll post updates above this post & on the official:
Hope to see you here!
How to Eat a Crawfish: